I was browsing through Etude House the other week when I came upon the Magic Tint Balm in 01-Magic Red.
I immediately fell in love with the idea of keeping a tinted lipbalm on my purse because:
- It's been so long since I've used a 'tinted' balm.
- There are times when I don't feel like using lipstick or mentholated balm with SPF, especially on days when I'm simply running errands. (SPF is still the best choice but there are days when 'tinted' seems prettier than reason and sense)
- It's in a pot. I'm a sucker for pot and tin containers.
- The shade looked right for me.
Etude House Magic Tint Balm 01-Magic Red is also infused with Vitamin E, which helps in naturally nourishing the lips.
The saleslady at Etude House even recommended to apply the balm before sleeping as it will serve as a moisturizer, together with your usual night cream and such. I have yet to try it but I've no doubt it will work.
Because it already works during daytime for me.
Aside from 01-Magic Red, there are other 3 shades available--
This lip balm gives off a glossy shine and a natural hint of red, giving the impression that I have wet and healthy looking puckers.
That 'wet' part is the sort of thing when you just licked your lips. Not in a gross kind of way though, but in a cute way rather.
- Affordable at Php200+ (I forgot the exact amount because I'm a dolt)
- Makes lips soft and supple.
- Has vitamin E that nourishes the lips
- Provides a simple hint of 'red' to the lips
- The balm's texture is buttery, making it easier to glide over
- Lasts for only an hour. Two hours tops
- Packaging is plastic, which gives off a cheap vibe
- The lid is a bit difficult to handle, especially when closing
The packaging of this tinted balm could definitely use an improvement. Efficacy-wise, it's close to perfect if only it could last longer than just an hour or two. More vitamins in the mix wouldn't hurt either.